Tuesday, 20 November, 2018
Logo
Print

Efforts on to bring back Bangabandhu’s convicted killers: IGP

Published on: 6:30 pm - Monday | August 13, 2018

currentnews.com.bd

Inspector General of Police (IGP) Dr Mohammad Javed Patwary today said the efforts are going on to bring back six fugitive killers of Father of the Nation Bangabandhu Sheikh Mujibur Rahman from abroad through Interpol.

“We have already confirmed whereabouts of two fugitive killers of
Bangabandhu. They are now staying in the USA and Canada and dialogues are
being held with respective countries to bring them back to the country,” he
told a press briefing at police headquarters here.

“But, we have yet been confirmed locations of the remaining fugitives as
they are continuously changing their whereabouts with sometimes staying in
Libya, South Africa, Malaysia, the UK, and Australia and sometimes in other
places. Efforts are on to find out their locations,” he also said.

The police chief also informed that five of convicted killers of Bangabandhu have already been hanged while one other died naturally in Zimbabwe, he informed.

Replying to a query, he said that the highest ever security measures have
been taken across the country particularly in the capital for peaceful smooth
celebration of the mourning day’s program.

He also confirmed there was no apprehension of subversive acts marking
observance of the mourning day programs.

The IGP also said that stringent security measures would also be taken
across the country for peaceful celebration of the Eid-ul-Azha, adding that
enough measures would also be in place to stop smuggling of rawhide of the
sacrificial animals.

Asked about measures in bringing the troublemakers to book, Javed Patwary
said, “We have definitely identified some anarchists and taken action against
some of them. The rest of those responsible for creating anarchy will also be
brought to book.”

“Several of the anarchists have already been captured and some of them are
put on remand. The procedure will continue until all those responsible are
identified,” he added.

Talking about measures taken against the troublemakers, he informed, “A
total of 21 cases have so far been lodged over spreading rumour to instigate
the recent student protest over road safety. Twenty nine online portals have
already been identified for spreading rumour over the incident.”

A committee headed by additional commissioner of Detective Branch (DB) of
police has already been formed to probe the incident of carrying out attacks
on journalists during the student protest over road safety, he added.

Replying to another query, “No vehicle without fitness certificates would
be allowed to ply on the roads and highways. Police would strictly monitor
the issue to put an end to the matter.”

 

(BSS)

Social Media Auto Publish Powered By : XYZScripts.com

TOP